Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

MARC ALMOND: INTERVIEW 'Tasmanian Tiger' EP



Marc Almond released his 'Tasmanian Tiger' EP on February 14th.



THE NEW EP FEATURES A COLLABORATION WITH JARVIS COCKER, HOW DID THAT COME ABOUT AND HOW DID YOU DIVIDE THE WORK ON THE SONG BETWEEN YOU?

The Jarvis Cocker song ‘Worship Me Now’ just turned up one day, Jarvis had written it especially for me with his writing and production partner Jason Buckle. It was co produced with Tris Penna, and to be honest I had little to do with the track except my vocals and suggesting some gospel-girl backing vocals. I love the track!

’WORSHIP ME NOW', IS PARTICULARLY INTERESTING TO ME BECAUSE IT'S A RETURN TO YOUR ELECTRONIC ROOTS.
IT'S NOT A GENRE YOU SEEM TO WORK IN MUCH AT THE MOMENT, IS THAT BECAUSE YOU FEEL YOU'VE EXPLORED THAT AREA ENOUGH?

I've actually been returning to electronic sounds a lot recently. My next album, which will be out in September, has a lot of electronic leanings and I've been slowly recording songs with a German duo called Starcluster, and they’re very old school electro, and reference very early 80s, maybe even late 70s, sounds. I'm loving it again!


Read the full interview at ThisIsNotRetro.

No comments: